Would you love working at a busy animal vet hospital?
Are you a Vet Nurse looking for your next challenge?
The Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) is one of the most respected emergency and specialist veterinary hospitals in Sydney. Located in Homebush in Sydney’s Inner West, we offer a wide range of specialist services and provide 24-hour emergency and critical care to referring Veterinarians and the public. We provide the highest standard of nursing and patient care and we are seeking a qualified, experienced veterinary nurse to join our friendly, dynamic surgical team at Homebush.
What you’ll bring
The successful candidate will be someone who;
- Wants to further their career in veterinary nursing.
- Has completed Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing and has at least 3 years nursing experience.
- Has a passion for surgery.
- Is enthusiastic and honest.
- Has high standards and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and also independently
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of Rx works / Smart flow will be highly regarded (but not essential).
About your new role
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Specialist surgical and theatre nursing
- Patient ventilation
- Radiology (including CT & MRI imaging)
- IV catheter placement and fluid therapy
- Taking blood and using in-house lab equipment
- Intensive care patient monitoring
- Surgical patient care and treatments
- Cleaning and autoclaving of surgical instruments and specialised surgical equipment
The position is Full Time (38 hrs/wk) in our busy surgery department. Part time may also be considered. We have a number of different rostered shift times, with additional hours sometimes being required.
Training and support will be provided on an ongoing basis, with encouragement to grow surgical and anaesthesia skills with further education, which is financially supported.
The successful applicant will be well remunerated above the award rate.
Our offer to you
- An opportunity to work closely supporting our Surgery Specialists, Senior Registrars, Residents and Interns.
- On-going training will be provided and further education is encouraged and supported.
- Above award remuneration.
- Free on-site parking and close to public transport.
- Discounts to Hills Products for your pet.
- In house staff events including monthly staff celebration days.
- An employer who is focused on well-being and providing staff access to our EAP program.
ARH pays above award and prides itself on a culture of continuous improvement. Permanent nurses have a CPD allowance and access to internal CE opportunities.
How to Contact Us
If you are looking for an exciting surgical nursing career opportunity, please e-mail your application cover letter and CV to – Kylie Snerling – firstname.lastname@example.org