Expressions of Interest – Permanent Part Time Opportunities
The Animal Referral Hospital is seeking an experience individual to join our existing team of hospital cleaners on a permanent part-time basis, for an immediate start.
Would you love working at a busy animal vet hospital? Are you a superstar cleaner looking for your next challenge?
The ARH Homebush is Sydney’s premier veterinary specialist referral hospital. We have one the largest and diverse team of Animal Attendants working in a Vet Hospital in Australia.
The Animal Referral Hospital currently has a permanent part-time positon for an experienced cleaner to join our hard-working, close-knit team that is dedicated to the best possible patient outcomes.
The Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) is a well-established referral-only small animal hospital. It offers a wide range of specialist services and provides 24-hour emergency and critical care through its multiple facilities across five states in Australia.
We provide the highest standard of nursing and patient care and are seeking a qualified, experienced staff to join our friendly, dynamic team.
About This Role
As a hospital cleaner, you will play a critical role in maintaining the main areas of our hospital to a high standard
Duties will include:
- Cleaning of hospital wards, patient rooms and outside areas
- Work as part of a team
- Safe use of cleaning chemicals and cleaning tools
- Assist with other duties as required
The successful applicant will need to be available for set shifts for days/evenings and/or overnight shifts on a fortnightly roster in our 24/7 hospital. We’re looking for applicants who have:
- Minimum 2 years of paid work as a cleaner
- Experience working in a hospital environment will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and adherence to, all applicable policies relating to Workplace Health and Safety, Manual Handling Practices and the use of cleaning chemicals and cleaning equipment
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Adaptive problem-solving abilities with a solution-based focus
- Self-motivated and the ability to work well on your own or with a team
- High standard of written and verbal skills, with an excellent command of English
- Committed and positive work ethic that aligns with the core values of ARH
- Own transport (free on-site parking)
- Strong attention to detail with ability to multitask
- Positive attitude with a great sense of humour!
- Above award wage
- Permanent part-time role – for those willing and able to work a 24/7 roster and be available weekends
- Free on-site parking
- Job security
- Work with a team of passionate and dedicated staff
- Welcoming and supportive team
- Uniform supplied
- Discounts on pet food and products with Hills.
It’s Time to Apply
If you can imagine yourself working happily at our practice, please send your cover letter responding to our criteria as per above, and resume to
Carolyn Tonkli – ARH Practice Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
For all enquires please phone (02) 9758-8666
You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to be a successful applicant.
Suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview, with an immediate start on offer for successful applicants. Previous applicants need not apply.