At ARH Homebush we are always looking for enthusiastic, caring and competent team members to join our growing hospital. Vacant positions are listed below.
If you are interested in working with us, please send your CV to email@example.com
Job Number HB1504
ARH Homebush incorporates a specialist referral service and emergency service into one seamless business, open 24 hours a day all year round. We provide the highest standard of nursing and patient care and are seeking a qualified, experienced veterinary nurse to join our friendly, dynamic surgical team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Wants to further their career in veterinary nursing
- Has completed Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing and has at least 4 years nursing experience
- Has a passion for surgery
- Is enthusiastic and honest
- Has high standards and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work sole charge, but also as part of a team
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Knowledge of Rx works / Smart flow will be highly regarded (but not essential)
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Specialist surgical and theatre nursing
- Patient ventilation
- Radiology (including CT & MRI imaging)
- IV catheter placement and fluid therapy
- Taking blood and using in-house lab equipment
- Intensive care patient monitoring
- Surgical patient care and treatments
- Cleaning and autoclaving of surgical instruments and specialized surgical equipment
** The applicant must have sound knowledge and experience in anesthetic monitoring and management **
The position is Part Time (24 to 38 hrs/wk) including some Saturday work in our busy surgery department. We have a number of different rostered shift times, with overtime sometimes being required.
On-going training will be provided, and further education is encouraged and supported.
Remuneration will be awarded based on experience.
If you are looking for an exciting surgical nursing career opportunity, please e-mail your application cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Number HB0705
The Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) is Sydney’s premier veterinary specialist referral hospital, offering a wide range of services to the public and referring Veterinarians. The Oncology service at Homebush is now recruiting for an experienced Nurse to join the team on a Part-time basis in a challenging yet highly rewarding role.
An Oncology (Radiation) Nurse is a valued member of the ARH team. They play a critical role in the direct care of inpatient and outpatient pets with cancer. To ensure success, the successful candidate will be required to work closely and take direction from our Specialist Oncologist and Resident Veterinarians, carrying out duties that include but are not limited to:
- Laboratory sampling, imaging, chemotherapy and other medical treatments;
- Sedation and general anaesthesia;
- Sample and paperwork coordination for pathology laboratories and for studies;
- In-person and telephone communications with pet owners, staff in-house and at other veterinary practices, pathology laboratories and suppliers;
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing (or equivalent)
- Minimum 4 years’ Veterinary Nursing experience, ideally in a Specialist/Referral environment
- Sound knowledge and experience in advanced anaesthetic monitoring and management
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and team skills
- Confident animal handling skills
- Genuine interest in Oncology (radiation) therapy and committed to longevity in the role
- Passion for delivering consistently high standards of patient care
- Impeccable attention to detail at all times with an inbuilt habit of cross-checking work
- Self-motivation with the ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Experience in demonstrating professionalism and dedication during highs and lows
- Experience working with cytotoxic substances desirable but not essential
- Experience in using Rx Works and Smart flow desirable but not essential
- Full NSW drivers license
Benefits and Perks
- Varied and interesting case load
- Ongoing learning and development
- Enjoy long-term relationships with patients and clients
- Be a part of regular service meetings and updates
- Access to a wide range of services in a large hospital
- 24/7 Reception staff and Animal Attendants allowing you to really focus on your role
- Large, supportive and highly experienced team of Nurses to network with
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Above award rates and shift loadings applicable
- Challenge and enhance your existing Veterinary Nursing skills
- Join a close-knit and mutually supportive team
- Free on-site parking and close to public transport
If this sounds like your next role, please apply by emailing your updated CV to email@example.com
Please quote job number HB0705 in the subject of your email. Applicants must have at least two valid references.
Job Number: ES2012
Does the thrill of a trauma excite you, but you still remain as cool as a cucumber?
Are you a night owl who loves a 2am delivery of uber eats?
Would you prefer to earn more because of higher than award penalties?
Want to negotiate your own fortnightly roster?
If you’re an experienced emergency nurse or experienced GP nurse looking to jump ship – we’d love to hear from you!
The Animal Referral Hospital currently has full-time and part-time positions vacant for Emergency Nurses to join our hard-working, close-knit team that is dedicated to the best possible patient outcomes.
The successful applicant will need to be available for evening and/or overnight shifts on a fortnightly roster in our 24/7 hospital. We’re looking for nurses who have:
- Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing or higher
- Previous experience with complex emergency cases
- Own transport (free on-site parking)
- Tech-savvy with ability to learn quickly
- Ability to provide high quality patient care even in busy conditions
- Strong attention to detail with ability to multitask
- Positive attitude with a great sense of humour!
ARH pays above award and prides itself on a culture of continuous improvement. Permanent nurses have a CPD allowance and access to internal CE opportunities. We also have really good coffee and free raisin toast and fruit loops! (Snacks are frequently provided!)
A speedy and fair recruitment process will apply. Send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job number ‘ES2012’. We look forward to discussing the possibility of future employment with you!
Job Number: HB1911
- Work with a leading provider of specialist and emergency veterinary care
- Challenging yet supportive environment
- Strong opportunities for career development and progression
- Excellent remuneration and benefits (including relocation package)
The Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) is a leading provider of small animal specialist and emergency hospitals around Australia. We have hospitals in Homebush, Sydney – New South Wales, Brisbane – Queensland, Gosford – New South Wales, Melbourne – Victoria, Adelaide – South Australia and Canberra – Australia Capital Territory. ARH employs over 500 staff, offers a wide range of specialist services and provides 24-hour emergency and critical care facilities at its various locations across Australia.
We are a rapidly growing business and are currently seeking Specialists to work in a number of roles. Opportunities exist in:
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency and Critical Care
- Avian & Exotics
- Oncology – Medical & Radiation
As well as working with some of Australia’s leading specialists you will also have access to advanced equipment such as CT, high field MRI and linear accelerator.
If you are interested in discussing opportunities within the ARH group, or for a confidential conversation, please contact Dr Sarah Goldsmid – Specialist Surgeon.
Dr Sarah Goldsmid
Specialist Surgeon | Director
Ph: +61 2 9758 8666
Job Number: HB2204
Are you interested in developing your medicine skills or becoming a medicine specialist?
Not quite sure of the best place to start?
An internship could be for you!
ARH Homebush has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and professional individual to work and learn in a busy but supportive specialist referral and emergency hospital.
What will you do?
• You will work within our Small Animal Medicine Specialist team under the guidance and supervision of our specialists
• You will have close involvement with our other departments (surgery, oncology, emergency).
• You will assist in medical case management and be closely involved in the assessment, diagnosis and care of a diverse variety of challenging medical cases.
• You will be expected to participate in case rounds/discussions, inter-practice journal club meetings and case presentations
What we can offer
You will be rewarded for your efforts and contributions with a competitive salary and benefits package, employee wellbeing program, access to our national network of specialists and veterinarians and the opportunity to learn and develop your skills. Annual leave, study leave and study allowance is also provided.
You will be encouraged to complete a published work during your internship and support in gaining memberships will also be provided. Previous ARH interns have continued on to residency positions worldwide.
• You must be eligible for veterinary registration in NSW
• You must have at least 1 year clinical experience and a strong knowledge base on which to build
• You must have excellent communication and a positive attitude to work and learning
• You must have appropriate work rights for Australia
If this sounds like the role for you, don’t delay! Send in your application including CV, a letter stating the reasons for seeking the internship and the name and contact details of two referees.
Applications should quote our Job Number HB2204 and send their application to: email@example.com