At ARH Canberra we are always looking for enthusiastic, caring and competent team members to join our growing hospital.
Wanting more work/life balance?
Sick of the commute?
Looking for a change of pace or just more space? ARH Canberra might be just the place for you!
If you are interested in working with us, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Job number: CB2003
The Animal Referral Hospital is Canberra’s premier veterinary specialist referral hospital. Due to an expansion in our busy surgical department, a full-time position is now available. We provide the highest standard of nursing and patient care and are seeking a qualified, experienced veterinary nurse to join our friendly, dynamic surgical team.
Are you someone who:
- Has completed Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing and has at least 2 years’ nursing experience
- Wants to further their career in veterinary nursing (expand those wings)
- Has a passion for surgery and anaesthesia
- Enjoys a fast-paced supportive environment
- Wants more ‘hands on’
- Is enthusiastic and honest
- Has a great sense of humour
- Has high standards and attention to detail
- Is able to work in a team and is also self-motivated
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Specialist surgical and theatre nursing
- Anaesthesia monitoring and management
- Radiology (including CT imaging)
- IV catheter placement and fluid therapy
- Taking blood and using in-house lab equipment
- Intensive care patient monitoring
- Surgical patient care and treatments
- Cleaning and autoclaving of surgical instruments and specialized surgical equipment
** * The applicant must have some knowledge and experience in anaesthetic monitoring and management ***
We have a number of different roster shift times and overtime or on-call will sometimes be required. On-going training will be provided, and further education is encouraged and supported.
The successful applicant will be well remunerated above the award rate.
If you are looking for an exciting surgical nursing career opportunity, please e-mail your updated cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the job number ‘CB2003’ in the subject of your email.
Applications will remain open until suitable candidate is appointed.
Job number: CB2002
- Work with a leading team of specialists in a dynamic hospital
- Challenging, supportive and encouraging workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits
About the hospital
The Animal Referral Hospital Canberra is the only specialist referral hospital in Canberra. We provide a 24-hour emergency and specialist referral services in surgery and internal medicine. This is supported by a range of complimentary services including diagnostic imaging, nursing and intensive care.
About the position
You will work under the guidance of our surgery and internal medicine specialists and more broadly within our team of professional veterinarians and expert nursing staff. Interns are expected to participate in daily rounds and weekly journal club or case presentations. The intern position is primarily a support position. The intern will;
- Assist in case management under supervision.
- Assist with or perform diagnostic testing such as blood collection, imaging, urine testing and so on.
- Provide veterinary support for the hospital nursing staff in relationship to patient care.
- Attend and be actively involved with Journal rounds and case rounds.
- Ensure case hand-over to the emergency team and from the emergency team occurs daily.
- Be a secondary contact person for clients during the day or at night.
- Admit and at times discharge patients to and from hospital.
What we can offer
This internship offers an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated, hardworking and professional individual to work and learn in a busy and friendly referral hospital. We will offer support for a candidate to wishes to sit their ANZCVS membership exams in either surgery or medicine. This position will provide a good platform for a candidate who wishes to pursue a residency or a specialty membership after their internship. The Animal Referral Hospital Canberra’s previous interns have successfully matched into a residency or specialty internship locally or overseas.
Candidates must be eligible for veterinary registration in ACT and have excellent communication skills and work ethic and a strong knowledge base on which to build. Clinical experience is desirable but not essential. The position includes 4 weeks of annual leave and 1 week of study leave.
If this opportunity excites you, please send your application to email@example.com, quoting job number ‘CB2002’. Applications should include curriculum vitae, a cover letter stating the reasons for seeking the internship and the name and contact details of three referees with at least one from an academic and one from a practice/clinical background.
If you have any enquiries, please contact:
Animal Referral Hospital Canberra
15/2 Yallourn St
Fyshwick ACT 2609
P: (02) 6280 6344
Job number: ES2010
- Work with a leading provider of specialist veterinary care
- State of the art facilities and equipment
- Strong opportunities for career development and progression
- Sign on bonus, relocation plus excellent salary and staff benefits
- Highly skilled and experienced colleagues and support staff
- Flexible work arrangements including a 4 day working week
About ARH Canberra
ARH Canberra is an around the clock service to the community for their beloved pets. We offer referral services Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm and emergency care all other hours. The referral service is comprised of specialist surgeons including an orthopaedic surgeon, soft tissue surgeon and a Medicine specialist. The team is supported by Residents, Interns and highly qualified vet nurses. We pride ourselves on high quality around the clock care by our highly trained team. The facility has 2 surgical theatres, treatment area and a dedicated room for CT and X-rays. The expansion of services has lead ARH Canberra to building a new purpose built 1100 square meter (approx 12,000 square foot) facility due to open in 2021.
We are currently seeking several Small Animal Specialists to join the ARH Canberra Team. Due to increased case load we are looking for one to two small animal surgeons, a medicine specialist and other ancillary specialists to join our growing team. Successful candidates will be able to take on cases independently but remain part of a group for support and discussion. Our specialists are supported by an expertly trained and highly experienced team of veterinary professionals and are expected to lead by example, sharing their knowledge and experience with others so we can grow together.
Team fit is very important to us, so we are looking for individuals who have excellent communication, organisation and time management skills and have a passion for outcomes, patient care and excellent clinical service. A very competitive salary package is on offer, including sign on bonus, participation in incentive plans plus relocation.
The positions are available immediately through to 12 months from now. We are also keen to hear from Veterinarians who have finished Residency programs and are studying for board certification.
Canberra is Australia’s capital city with a pleasant cool climate. Canberra has excellent facilities such as schools, shopping and outdoor activities (Mt biking, hiking, fishing etc), is 2 hours from the snow fields and 2 hours to excellent surf beaches. It offers a lifestyle that cannot be matched in any other Australian capital city.
For a confidential conversation about your next career move, please contact Kathy Ikonomidis, Group Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Animal Referral Hospital Canberra
15/2 Yallourn St
Fyshwick ACT 2609