At ARH Essendon we are always looking for enthusiastic, caring and competent team members to join our growing hospital. Vacant positions are listed below.
If you are interested in working with us, please send your CV to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Certificate IV – Veterinary Nursing
- ECC/ICU Nurse
- Full time 75 hours P/F
- Rotating shifts (Rotating days/overnights & every second weekend)
- Above award salary
The Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) Essendon has a 24 hour per day, 7 days a week, dedicated emergency and critical care (ECC) service. The hospital is staffed with an outstanding team of emergency veterinarians and nurses working alongside specialists in ECC / internal medicine and surgery. We aim to provide a responsive, comprehensive emergency and referral service to Victorian veterinarians, their clients and their patients. We provide high professional and clinical standards, which are tempered with genuine care and compassion.
ARH is well equipped with digital radiology, ultrasound, endoscope, in-house laboratory, patient monitors and sophisticated emergency and surgical facilities. ARH utilises fully integrated Rx works software and operates with Smartflow electronic hospital charting. We also have the added advantage of internal referral to our associate specialist departments in surgery, medicine and advanced imaging.
Our nursing team is highly valued and encouraged to utilise their skills and work autonomously to support our specialist veterinarians in providing exceptional patient care. Nurses also have access to regular free in-house continuing education sessions to develop their existing skillset and knowledge.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Providing direct and individualised patient care based on the application of nursing principles
- ICU advanced patient monitoring
- Diagnostic testing and treatment
- Surgical nursing
- Record all care information concisely and accurately
- Work directly under the guidance and support of veterinarians and senior nurses
- Liaise knowledgeably and accurately with staff and clients.
- General Housekeeping
We are searching for a confident and enthusiastic nurse who possesses the ability to multitask and work well as a team in an often face-paced environment. Specialist hospital experience is preferable, but a strong general practice background is looked highly upon. On job training will be provided with ongoing support by senior nurses and veterinarians however applicants must possess the ability to work unsupervised as well as demonstrate reasonable proficiency in basic nursing skills such as intravenous catheter placement, fluid therapy, drug dose calculations, use of monitoring equipment and assessing vital signs, as the role involves a degree of autonomy and use of initiative.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in general practice post qualification
- Certificate iv in veterinary nursing or higher
- A professional and positive demeanour
- Ability to work efficiently with initiative in a face-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-developed organisational skills
- Interest in emergency critical care / medicine / surgery
- Previous experience in an emergency or specialist hospital
- Knowledge of Rx works / Smart flow will be highly regarded (but not essential)
- Expand your clinical skills and knowledge in a supportive, exciting and dynamic environment
- A challenging and rewarding position
- An opportunity to assist in critical procedures and nurse highly critical patients
- Working with a friendly and supportive team
- Mentorship, on job training and continuous workplace support
- In-house continuous education and professional development.
Please forward your application via email with the subject field ‘ICU Nurse Position’ with current CV, cover letter and references to: