At ARH Canberra we are always looking for enthusiastic, caring and competent team members to join our growing hospital.
Wanting more work/life balance?
Sick of the commute?
Looking for a change of pace or just more space? ARH Canberra might be just the place for you!
If you are interested in working with us, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Number: CB1903
The Animal Referral Hospital is Canberra’s premier veterinary specialist and emergency hospital offering exceptional care for the pets of Canberra and surrounds. Due to an expansion in our busy emergency department, a permanent part time position is now available. We provide the highest standard of nursing and patient care and are seeking a qualified, experienced veterinary nurse to join our friendly, dynamic emergency team.
Are you someone who:
- Has completed Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing and has at least 3 years’ of nursing experience
- Wants to further their career in veterinary nursing (expand those wings)
- Has a passion for emergency and critical care
- Thrives in a fast paced and supportive environment
- Wants a more ‘hands on’ nursing career
- Is enthusiastic and honest
- Has a great sense of humour
- Has high standards and attention to detail
- Is able to work in a team and is also self motivated
Duties and responsibilities include:
- IV catheter placement and fluid therapy
- Taking blood samples for in house laboratory testing
- Intensive care patient monitoring
- Surgical patient care and treatments
- Cleaning and autoclaving of surgical instruments
This position includes evening and weekend work. The occasional overnight shift will also be required. On-going training is provided, and further education is encouraged and supported. The successful applicant will be well remunerated above the award rate.
If you are looking for an exciting emergency nursing career opportunity, please e-mail your application cover letter and CV to: email@example.com. Please quote job number ‘CB1903’ in the subject line of your email.
Animal Referral Hospital Canberra
Unit 15, 2 Yallourn Street
Fyshwick ACT 2609
Job Number: CB1904
- Excellent and highly competitive salary package and employee benefits on offer
- State of the art facilities
- Experienced and supportive team
- Career development and progression opportunities
The Animal Referral Hospital Canberra, ARHC, is a first class facility with extensive up to date equipment including a full in-house Idexx lab, digital radiography, ultrasonography and CT. Our exceptional team of vets and nurses are friendly, supportive and knowledgeable. We operate using RxWorks and Smart Flow to provide exceptional round-the-clock care for our patients.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Veterinarian to join our cohesive and dynamic team on a full-time basis. We are ideally looking for a vet with 3+ years experience however a new or recent graduate will be considered. The candidate should have a genuine interest in emergency medicine and be someone who loves an exciting environment.
What we can offer
A highly competitive salary, 4 weeks annual leave, 1 week paid study leave (including an allowance), regular tutorials, case discussion, in-house seminars, working closely with ECC specialists and interaction with specialists in all departments. We have a stable group of excellent veterinarians and nurses, many of whom have been with us long-term, and we are focused on providing career pathways and professional development for all our team members.
- Ongoing career support – paid study leave and a continuing education allowance
- Support both professionally and personally with proactive interaction with colleagues and all the team which includes access to specialist vets
- An attractive salary commensurate with experience
- Support to relocate to Canberra will be offered to the successful applicant if required- to find out more about living and working in Canberra, go to www.canberra.com.au
This opportunity would suit an energetic individual who enjoys learning, the challenge of a busy hospital and who enjoys a multi-disciplinary specialist hospital environment. The successful applicant would be required to work various rotational shifts, including evenings, overnights, weekends and public holidays.
You have excellent communication, organisation and time management skills and have a passion for outcomes, patient care and excellent clinical service. You enjoy working as a team but also flourish individually. With a great sense of humour, flexible and positive attitude towards work, you’ll fit in nicely with our culture. As this is a high performing team, you will also have the following skills and experience:
- A keen interest and/or background in emergency medicine
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and within a team.
- Emergency practice experience
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable and a positive ‘can do’ attitude!
- Enjoys coming to work in a fun environment and has a good sense of humour
If you are ready for your next career move with the ARHC team, please send your application, including a cover letter, resume and contact details for at least two referees, outlining your suitability against the above mentioned criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org