At ARH Canberra we are always looking for enthusiastic, caring and competent team members to join our growing hospital.
Wanting more work/life balance?
Sick of the commute?
Looking for a change of pace or just more space? ARH Canberra might be just the place for you!
If you are interested in working with us, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Number: CB1903
The Animal Referral Hospital is Canberra’s premier veterinary specialist and emergency hospital offering exceptional care for the pets of Canberra and surrounds. Due to an expansion in our busy emergency department, a permanent part time position is now available. We provide the highest standard of nursing and patient care and are seeking a qualified, experienced veterinary nurse to join our friendly, dynamic emergency team.
Are you someone who:
- Has completed Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing and has at least 3 years’ of nursing experience
- Wants to further their career in veterinary nursing (expand those wings)
- Has a passion for emergency and critical care
- Thrives in a fast paced and supportive environment
- Wants a more ‘hands on’ nursing career
- Is enthusiastic and honest
- Has a great sense of humour
- Has high standards and attention to detail
- Is able to work in a team and is also self motivated
Duties and responsibilities include:
- IV catheter placement and fluid therapy
- Taking blood samples for in house laboratory testing
- Intensive care patient monitoring
- Surgical patient care and treatments
- Cleaning and autoclaving of surgical instruments
This position includes evening and weekend work. The occasional overnight shift will also be required. On-going training is provided, and further education is encouraged and supported. The successful applicant will be well remunerated above the award rate.
If you are looking for an exciting emergency nursing career opportunity, please e-mail your application cover letter and CV to: email@example.com. Please quote job number ‘CB1903’ in the subject line of your email.
Animal Referral Hospital Canberra
Unit 15, 2 Yallourn Street
Fyshwick ACT 2609
Job Number: CB1904
- Excellent and highly competitive salary package and employee benefits on offer
- State of the art facilities
- Experienced and supportive team
- Career development and progression opportunities
The Animal Referral Hospital Canberra, ARHC, is a first class facility with extensive up to date equipment including a full in-house Idexx lab, digital radiography, ultrasonography and CT. Our exceptional team of vets and nurses are friendly, supportive and knowledgeable. We operate using RxWorks and Smart Flow to provide exceptional round-the-clock care for our patients.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Veterinarian to join our cohesive and dynamic team on a full-time basis. We are ideally looking for a vet with 3+ years experience however a new or recent graduate will be considered. The candidate should have a genuine interest in emergency medicine and be someone who loves an exciting environment.
What we can offer
A highly competitive salary, 4 weeks annual leave, 1 week paid study leave (including an allowance), regular tutorials, case discussion, in-house seminars, working closely with ECC specialists and interaction with specialists in all departments. We have a stable group of excellent veterinarians and nurses, many of whom have been with us long-term, and we are focused on providing career pathways and professional development for all our team members.
- Ongoing career support – paid study leave and a continuing education allowance
- Support both professionally and personally with proactive interaction with colleagues and all the team which includes access to specialist vets
- An attractive salary commensurate with experience
- Support to relocate to Canberra will be offered to the successful applicant if required- to find out more about living and working in Canberra, go to www.canberra.com.au
This opportunity would suit an energetic individual who enjoys learning, the challenge of a busy hospital and who enjoys a multi-disciplinary specialist hospital environment. The successful applicant would be required to work various rotational shifts, including evenings, overnights, weekends and public holidays.
You have excellent communication, organisation and time management skills and have a passion for outcomes, patient care and excellent clinical service. You enjoy working as a team but also flourish individually. With a great sense of humour, flexible and positive attitude towards work, you’ll fit in nicely with our culture. As this is a high performing team, you will also have the following skills and experience:
- A keen interest and/or background in emergency medicine
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and within a team.
- Emergency practice experience
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable and a positive ‘can do’ attitude!
- Enjoys coming to work in a fun environment and has a good sense of humour
If you are ready for your next career move with the ARHC team, please send your application, including a cover letter, resume and contact details for at least two referees, outlining your suitability against the above mentioned criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job number: CB1906
- Diverse and challenging opportunity
- Work with a leading team of veterinary experts and serve the growing needs of domestic animal health
- Supportive, inclusive, stimulating and fun workplace
- Excellent remuneration and benefits on offer
The Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) is a long-established and leading group of specialist veterinary hospitals located in Sydney, Gosford, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Canberra. We strive to provide the highest quality specialist medical, surgical and diagnostic animal services including 24-hour emergency and critical care. Our Canberra hospital contains state-of-the-art facilities, equipment, and an experienced team is on site at all times. We take pride in our dynamic environment and no day or night is ever the same.
We are looking for a Specialist Hospital Business Manager for the Canberra ARH. This position will report to the director of ARH Canberra, with a dotted reporting line to the Chief Operating Officer. It is an integral member of the ARH Management team, and will be responsible for the business development, strategy, management and accountability of our Canberra hospital. The Business Manager will work closely with the hospital specialists, nurses, technical staff and clinical directors. Additional responsibilities include:
- Financial leadership and reporting for the Canberra ARH
- Project management within the hospital
- Marketing and promotional coordination
- Leadership in business strategic planning and execution along with the Hospital Directors
- Ensure adequate resources and support are available to teams to deliver the highest quality of care to patients
- Liaise with other ARH business managers to ensure alignment and promotion of the ARH group and to maximise efficiency, profitability and productivity
The right candidate should have substantial knowledge and experience in business management operations. You should be a humble and resilient person with a desire to help others succeed and grow. You understand that customer service is a business imperative. Your excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent time management skills and your strong ability to prioritise work will allow you to serve a passion for strong positive business, hospital, people and animal outcomes. The candidate should have proven experience and success working independently, working within a team and with various internal and external stakeholders. The ability to adapt, listen and collaborate, find and execute improvements and processes and lead change are crucial. With a flexible and creative attitude towards work, you will fit well within our culture.
The right candidate will be part of a high performing team and will also be expected to have:
- Degree qualified (business, commerce, business management or related)
- Leadership/managerial role 3+ years
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and organisational skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Office products especially Excel
- Knowledge of RX Works or other veterinary / medical practice software is desirable
- Project management experience is advantageous
- Knowledge of or prior experience in a clinical environment will be highly regarded
What we can offer
This position offers an opportunity to work with some of the best specialists in their field, in a professional and challenging yet enjoyable workplace. A competitive annual salary plus leave entitlements, continuous education program and other employee benefits will be provided. This is a growing business and for the right candidate ongoing opportunities will undoubtedly present themselves.
To apply online please click the “Apply” button below. For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Kathy Ikonomidis, Group Human Resources Manager on ph: (02) 9758-8666
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
Job number: CB1907
- Work with a leading team of specialists in a dynamic hospital
- Challenging, supportive and encouraging workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits
About the hospital
The Animal Referral Hospital Canberra is the only specialist referral hospital in Canberra. We provide a 24-hour emergency and specialist referral services in surgery and internal medicine. This is supported by a range of complimentary services including diagnostic imaging, nursing and intensive care.
About the position
You will work under the guidance of our surgery and internal medicine specialists and more broadly within our team of professional veterinarians and expert nursing staff. Interns are expected to participate in daily rounds and weekly journal club or case presentations. The intern position is primarily a support position. The intern will;
- Assist in case management under supervision.
- Assist with or perform diagnostic testing such as blood collection, imaging, urine testing and so on.
- Provide veterinary support for the hospital nursing staff in relationship to patient care.
- Attend and be actively involved with Journal rounds and case rounds.
- Ensure case hand-over to the emergency team and from the emergency team occurs daily.
- Be a secondary contact person for clients during the day or at night.
- Admit and at times discharge patients to and from hospital.
What we can offer
This internship offers an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated, hardworking and professional individual to work and learn in a busy and friendly referral hospital. We will offer support for a candidate to wishes to sit their ANZCVS membership exams in either surgery or medicine. This position will provide a good platform for a candidate who wishes to pursue a residency or a specialty membership after their internship. The Animal Referral Hospital Canberra’s previous interns have successfully matched into a residency or specialty internship locally or overseas.
Candidates must be eligible for veterinary registration in ACT and have excellent communication skills and work ethic and a strong knowledge base on which to build. Clinical experience is desirable but not essential. The position includes 4 weeks of annual leave and 1 week of study leave.
If this opportunity excites you, please send your application to email@example.com, quoting job number ‘CB1907’. Applications should include curriculum vitae, a cover letter stating the reasons for seeking the internship and the name and contact details of three referees with at least one from an academic and one from a practice/clinical background.
If you have any enquiries, please contact: