At ARH Canberra we are always looking for enthusiastic, caring and competent team members to join our growing hospital.
Wanting more work/life balance?
Sick of the commute?
Looking for a change of pace or just more space? ARH Canberra might be just the place for you!
If you are interested in working with us, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Number: CB1903
The Animal Referral Hospital Canberra – Emergency Department (ARHC) is a first class facility with extensive up to date equipment and an exceptional team of specialists, vets and nurses who practice best care for all their patients. Staff are friendly, supportive and knowledgeable.
We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic and dedicated emergency nurses who are genuinely interested in continued learning and willing to consistently provide quality patient care in a busy environment.
- Friendly, easy going nature with a strong work ethic
- Certificate IV in veterinary nursing or equivalent
- Availability to work evenings, overnights, weekends and public holidays
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work efficiently and multi-task
- Demonstrate consistently high quality of patient care even in busy conditions
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in IV catheter placement and blood collection
- Confident at monitoring anaesthesia
- Demonstrate ongoing interest in continuing education
- Diploma of Veterinary Nursing (Emergency and Critical Care)
- Experience in monitoring critical and ventilated patients
- Previous experience in an emergency or specialist hospital
- Knowledge of RX works and idexx blood machines
- Monitor and perform treatments on patients in ICU and other wards of the hospital
- Assist veterinarian with procedures and treatments
- Collecting blood and processing using Idexx machines
- Monitoring anaesthesia both minor procedure and major surgery in theatre
- Admit and discharge patients when required
- Some reception tasks such as answering phones, providing nurse updates, processing payments, entering details on RxWorks and processing VetPay applications
The successful candidates will join a happy and supportive emergency team and benefit from on-the-job training and support from senior nurses and veterinarians, as well as support to undertake continued education. Pay is commensurate to experience.
If you are excited by this opportunity please forward your updated resume to email@example.com. Please quote the job number ‘CB1903’ in the subject line of your email. Applications should be addressed to:
The Animal Referral Hospital Canberra
15/2 Yallourn St
Fyshwick ACT 2609
Job Number: CB1902
The Animal Referral Hospital is Canberra’s premier veterinary specialist referral hospital. Due to an expansion in our busy surgical department, a full time position is now available. We provide the highest standard of nursing and patient care and are seeking a qualified, experienced veterinary nurse to join our friendly, dynamic surgical team.
Are you someone who:
- Has completed Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing and has at least 2 years nursing experience
- Wants to further their career in veterinary nursing (expand those wings)
- Has a passion for surgery and a fast paced supportive environment
- Wants more ‘hands on’
- Is enthusiastic and honest
- Has a great sense of humour
- Has high standards and attention to detail
- Is able to work in a team and is also self-motivated
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Specialist surgical and theatre nursing
- Anaesthesia monitoring and management
- Radiology (including CT imaging)
- IV catheter placement and fluid therapy
- Taking blood and using in-house lab equipment
- Intensive care patient monitoring
- Surgical patient care and treatments
- Cleaning and autoclaving of surgical instruments and specialized surgical equipment
** * The applicant must have some knowledge and experience in anaesthetic monitoring and management ***
We have a number of different roster shift times and overtime will sometimes be required.
On-going training will be provided, and further education is encouraged and supported.
The successful applicant will be well remunerated above the award rate.
If you are looking for an exciting surgical nursing career opportunity, please e-mail your updated cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the job number ‘CB1902’ in the subject of your email.
Applications will remain open until suitable candidate is appointed.
Job Number: CB1904
- Excellent and highly competitive salary package and employee benefits on offer
- State of the art facilities
- Experienced and supportive team
- Career development and progression opportunities
The Animal Referral Hospital Canberra, ARHC, is a first class facility with extensive up to date equipment including a full in-house Idexx lab, digital radiography, ultrasonography and CT. Our exceptional team of vets and nurses are friendly, supportive and knowledgeable. We operate using RxWorks and Smart Flow to provide exceptional round-the-clock care for our patients.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Veterinarian to join our cohesive and dynamic team on a full-time basis. We are ideally looking for a vet with 3+ years experience however a new or recent graduate will be considered. The candidate should have a genuine interest in emergency medicine and be someone who loves an exciting environment.
What we can offer
A highly competitive salary, 4 weeks annual leave, 1 week paid study leave (including an allowance), regular tutorials, case discussion, in-house seminars, working closely with ECC specialists and interaction with specialists in all departments. We have a stable group of excellent veterinarians and nurses, many of whom have been with us long-term, and we are focused on providing career pathways and professional development for all our team members.
- Ongoing career support – paid study leave and a continuing education allowance
- Support both professionally and personally with proactive interaction with colleagues and all the team which includes access to specialist vets
- An attractive salary commensurate with experience
- Support to relocate to Canberra will be offered to the successful applicant if required- to find out more about living and working in Canberra, go to www.canberra.com.au
This opportunity would suit an energetic individual who enjoys learning, the challenge of a busy hospital and who enjoys a multi-disciplinary specialist hospital environment. The successful applicant would be required to work various rotational shifts, including evenings, overnights, weekends and public holidays.
You have excellent communication, organisation and time management skills and have a passion for outcomes, patient care and excellent clinical service. You enjoy working as a team but also flourish individually. With a great sense of humour, flexible and positive attitude towards work, you’ll fit in nicely with our culture. As this is a high performing team, you will also have the following skills and experience:
- A keen interest and/or background in emergency medicine
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and within a team.
- Emergency practice experience
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable and a positive ‘can do’ attitude!
- Enjoys coming to work in a fun environment and has a good sense of humour
If you are ready for your next career move with the ARHC team, please send your application, including a cover letter, resume and contact details for at least two referees, outlining your suitability against the above mentioned criteria to email@example.com