At ARH Brisbane we are always looking for enthusiastic, caring and competent team members to join our growing hospital. See vacant positions below.
If you are interested in working with us, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Job Number: BR1902
- Work with a leading team of specialists in a new hospital
- Challenging, supportive and encouraging workplace
- Excellent remuneration and benefits on offer
Formed in 2017 as a partnership between local Queensland specialists and the ARH group, ARH Brisbane is specialist and emergency hospital at Sinnamon Park in Brisbane’s west. Our purpose-designed, state of the art hospital, offers small animal surgery, internal medicine and surgical and medical oncology services, in conjunction with an after-hours emergency and critical care service. Imaging facilities at our new hospital in Brisbane include digital radiography, ultrasound, CT and MRI (in 2019).
You will coordinate all aspects of diagnostic imaging performed at the hospital including:
- Coordinating scheduling of the hospitals imaging caseload
- Assisting with acquisition and interpretation of diagnostic images – radiographs, contrast radiographs, CT and MRI scans
- Assisting with imaging and interpretation of selected ultrasound procedures
- Managing paperwork and data storage for all procedures
- Maintaining stock levels of diagnostic imaging related consumables
- Ensuring general maintenance of radiology equipment, software and facilities is carried out
- Supervising strict adherence to radiation safety standards within the practice
You will work under the guidance of our specialists and more broadly within our team of professional veterinarians and expert nursing staff. Veterinarians are expected to participate in daily rounds and weekly journal club or case presentations. You would be encouraged to work towards completion of ANZCVS radiology membership examination.
What we can offer
This position offers an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated, hardworking and professional individual to work and learn in a busy and friendly referral hospital. There may also be opportunities to work at any of our other sites during the 12 months.
Candidates must be eligible for veterinary registration in QLD and have excellent communication skills and work ethic and a strong knowledge base on which to build. Clinical experience is essential.
The position includes 4 weeks annual leave and 1 week study leave.
The position will commence in March 2019. Applications should include curriculum vitae and a cover letter stating the reasons for seeking the position and the name and contact details of three referees with at least one from an academic and one from a practice/clinical background.
Enquiries about the role can be directed to Emma Bennett, Practice Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or (07)3172-0593. All applications should be sent to email@example.com quoting the job number ‘BR1902′.
Job Number: BR1906
- Excellent and highly competitive salary package and employee benefits on offer
- State of the art facilities
- Experienced and supportive team
- Career development and progression opportunities
The Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) is a well-established group of specialist veterinary hospitals. We offer a wide range of specialist services and provide 24-hour emergency and critical care through our facilities in NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD and SA. ARH aims to provide a responsive, comprehensive emergency and referral service to veterinarians, their clients and their patients. We provide high professional and clinical standards, which are tempered with genuine care and compassion.
Formed as a partnership between local Queensland specialists and the ARH group, ARH Brisbane is a newly created specialist and emergency hospital at Sinnamon Park in Brisbane’s west with purpose-designed, state of the art hospital, which offers small animal surgery, internal medicine and surgical and medical oncology services, in conjunction with an after-hours emergency and critical care service. Equipment in the hospital includes 16-slice CT, Puritan Bennet ventilators, blood gas analyzer and all additional surgical, medical and ECC equipment expected of a premier specialist/emergency hospital.
We are currently searching for Emergency Veterinarians to join our Emergency and Critical Care (ECC) team. The ideal candidate will be energetic, positive and someone who thrives in a busy, multi-discipline hospital environment. The ECC Veterinarian will rotate through day, night, evening and weekend shifts. Flexibility around hours is essential. Emergency experience is desirable but not essential. ECC veterinarians will report to and work under the guidance of registered Emergency and Critical Care Specialist, Dr Monique Stanley who is the director the Brisbane ECC Department.
You have excellent communication, organisation and time management skills and have a passion for exceptional patient care and clinical service. You enjoy working as a team but also flourish individually. With a positive and flexible attitude towards work and a good sense of humour, you’ll fit in nicely with our culture. As this is a high performing team, you will also have the following skills and experience.
- Right to work in Australia
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a veterinarian
- Veterinary degree with registration in QLD
- Willingness to work hard, lead by example and be part of our team
- Ability to remain calm and show compassion in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, pet owners and referring veterinarians
- Experience in an emergency hospital environment
- MANZCVS, or equivalent, in ECC, small animal medicine or surgery or a willingness to undertake further study in the field of ECC
What we can offer
A highly competitive salary, 4 weeks annual leave, 1 week paid study leave (including an allowance), regular tutorials, case discussion, in-house seminars, working closely with ECC specialists and interaction with specialists in all departments.
The partners at ARH Brisbane are down to earth people who believe that the practice of world-class veterinary medicine and a fun and positive work environment do not have to be mutually exclusive. Our goal is to create a stable group of excellent veterinarians and nurses and to provide career pathways and professional development for all our team members.
To apply, please submit your application including CV and cover letter to ARH Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org with the job number ‘BR1906’ in the subject of your email. The position is set to commence in June 2019.
Job Number: BR1905
- Diverse and challenging opportunity
- Work with a leading team of veterinary experts and serve the growing needs of domestic animal health
- Supportive, inclusive, stimulating and fun workplace
- Excellent remuneration and benefits on offer
The Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) is a long-established and leading group of specialist veterinary hospitals located in Sydney, Gosford, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide and Brisbane. We strive to provide the highest quality specialist medical, surgical and diagnostic animal services including 24-hour emergency and critical care. Our Brisbane hospital contains state-of-the-art facilities, equipment, and an experienced team is on site at all times. We take pride in our dynamic environment and no day or night is the same.
We are looking for a Specialist Hospital Business Manager for the Brisbane ARH. This position will report to the directors of ARH Brisbane, will be an integral member of the ARH Management team, and will be responsible for the business development, strategy, management and accountability of our Brisbane hospital. The Business Manager will work closely with the hospital specialists, nurses, technical staff and clinical directors and will specifically liaise with and support the Practice Manager. Additional responsibilities include:
- Financial leadership and reporting for the Brisbane ARH
- Project management within the hospital
- Marketing and promotional coordination
- Leadership in business strategic planning and execution along with the Hospital Directors
- Ensure adequate resources and support are available to teams to deliver the highest quality of care to patients
- Liaise with other ARH business managers to ensure alignment and promotion of the ARH group and to maximise efficiency, profitability and productivity
The right candidate should have substantial knowledge and experience in business management operations. You should be a humble and resilient person with a desire to help others succeed and grow. You understand that customer service is a business imperative. Your excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent time management skills and your strong ability to prioritise work will allow you to serve a passion for strong positive business, hospital, people and animal outcomes. The candidate should have proven experience and success working independently, working within a team and with various internal and external stakeholders. The ability to adapt, listen and collaborate, find and execute improvements and processes and lead change are crucial. With a flexible and creative attitude towards work, you will fit well within our culture.
The right candidate will be part of a high performing team and will also be expected to have:
- Prior experience as a team leader or manager
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and organisational skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Office products especially Excel
- Knowledge of RX Works or other veterinary / medical practice software is desirable
- Project management experience is advantageous
- Knowledge of or prior experience in a clinical, preferably animal, environment will be highly regarded
What we can offer
This position offers an opportunity to work with some of the best specialists in their field, in a professional and challenging yet enjoyable workplace. A competitive annual salary plus leave entitlements, continuous education program and other employee benefits will be provided. This is a growing business and for the right candidate ongoing opportunities will undoubtedly present themselves.
If this is the role for you, please send through your application quoting job number BR1905 to: Human Resources Manager on email@example.com